So I just received a visit from OSHA...

Discussion in 'CNC Cutting' started by cmykpro, Apr 18, 2017.

1. cmykpro

cmykpro New Member

Apparently one of my employees thinks our new Torchmate 4400 is putting off toxic gasses. We only cut 14 gauge cold rolled steel and use Green cut for our fluid.

I was curious if anyone else has ever ran into this? OSHA is doing a full investigation so I wont know anything right away. I'm nervous as hell and just looking for some input...:(

2. LECS-Chad

LECS-Chad Guest

No worries...

The vapors coming off of the water while cutting is just water vapor from the torch flash boiling. Also the Green Cut product is non-hazardous and meant for plasma cutting.

We run our machines at trade shows, our demo area, our production facility. We get hit up every once and awhile and go through all the steps to verify the water table is doing its job. This includes NOISE, AIR BORNE TOXINS, and LIGHT. You should wear shaded goggles while operating the machine but as far as everything else should be clear as we wouldn't be able to be in business if it wasn't.

3. BlueSteel

BlueSteel Well-Known Member

Whats the advantage to the green stuff vs using straight water? I have to refill my 2x2 water table so often i'm wondering if switching to the green is going to benefit me anything other than emptying my wallet

4. Dnmeistr-LECS

Dnmeistr-LECS Well-Known Member

The solution prevents metal from flash rusting as well as stabilizes the ph of the water, to keep the bacteria/smell at bay.