Restarting/Recovering Mid Cut

Discussion in 'CNC Cutting' started by No Class, Apr 6, 2017.

1. No Class

No Class Member

Pretty simple scenario:
    Accumove 2 / VMD

I am wondering what others are doing in the likely event of a stop in the middle of a cut or a torch problem etc etc and want to pick up where you left off. I have tried right mouse click, zoom to desired location and 'Run from here' with very limited success. I usually get a feed rate error msg or something to that effect. I have tried dry running through the program from the start then stopping at a desired location with even less success. Any other suggestions? The earlier TM controller software had a very user friend reverse function or jump function which allowed recovery from situations pretty quickly and easily.

Thanks

OcalaWill likes this.
  2. Kchoghead

Kchoghead Well-Known Member

I too have had the same error after a magnetic breakaway.press stop, reset, then run lifter station to top and reset z. the zoom in and run from here . I then run the lifter down to touch material (ohmic) and raise back up and hit run job

3. bigjoe

bigjoe Well-Known Member

I have found run from here feature , starts part from the beginning. am I missing something here? I have started completely over new but same part, dry run until I get close to where I want to resume cutting then restart torch. a real time consuming effort

4. No Class

No Class Member

Thanks for the tips. If anyone else has any insight please pass it along.
    I have two tables. One with VMD and ohmic sensing and the other the older TM control software with the blue screen AVHC. While there are some nice features that have been integrated into the new VMD (variable speed jogging, Z height control, on screen voltage display). I feel at this point it is much less user friendly and I really hope a version update with some enhancements is on its way and by upgrade I mean no charge. Simple things like the ability to reverse through the G code, turning on the laser crosshairs from the main screen and the ability to import a dxf!?!

No Class

5. Dnmeistr-LECS

Dnmeistr-LECS Well-Known Member

If you have problems using Run from Here in the middle of a job, such as feedrate error, away to recover from this is to Go to Program Zero and Reset the Job. Then use the Run from Here feature by zooming into your part and right click on the line you want to continue from.

6. LECS-Chad

LECS-Chad Guest

The RUN FROM HERE feature is quite useful. Just like Dnmeistr stated is the best way "for now" to use the RUN FROM HERE is to press GO TO PROGRAM ZERO. RESET YOUR JOB. the do a RUN FROM HERE.

Another way to get good starts is to RESET and turn on DRY RUN. Run the job until it gets close to where it stopped. press STOP. switch to ACTIVE RUN. Press RUN.

We will keep you posted on a future release of the VMD that will part the clouds with some of the 'nuances' that have been discovered since the release.

7. Mike Pennington

Mike Pennington Well-Known Member

I use run from here all the time. I go to " Move to Here", then " Run From Here". I then reset the Z and run. I have had no problems doing it this way.
    Just my $.02.
    Mike