Questions on Torchmate Table X

Discussion in 'CNC Cutting' started by JEL DESIGNER, Aug 11, 2017.

1. JEL DESIGNER

JEL DESIGNER Well-Known Member

I have a couple of questions. The first one is about the plate marker attachment. What is the procedure to adjust the height of it? The water table assembly book just shows a picture of the plate marker nd where to mount it along with a picture that shows what bolts need to be use to adjust the height. It just doesn't have any instructions on how to set the heieght.I went to use it with the a program I created to work with it and all it did was just run in the air. It didn't get down to the material. The second question is about timing. It seems when we are starting our cut it pierces and then it sits there for a few moments before starting to cut. This happens intermittently. Sometimes it does the waiting game and other times it goes right away. What is going on or what can I do to adjust this to work the same all the time.

2. LECS-Chad

LECS-Chad Guest

First thing is to make sure your air regulator on top of the assembly is set to about 15-20 psi. This will control the RAM pushing the stylus down to the material. You can manually push the stylus down to verify the height is correct. So push the stylus down to the material and adjust accordingly. With the pneumatic ram it doesn't require a full stroke down. Most of the time the base of the plate marker is in line with the base of the ACCUMOVE lifter station. With the older system the stylus was lined up with the torch.

Pending on your software you are running will determine the answer for the DWELL of it.

In the VMD go to TOOL LIBRARY and add .3-.5 sec to the ON DWELL time for TOOL #2

In the TM4/3 go to CONFIGURATION/PROGRAMMING/M-CODE EXECUTION. In PLATE MARKER ON m definition enter .3-.5 in the delay. Press OK. Go to FILE/SAVE SETUP

3. JEL DESIGNER

The timing issue is with the plasma torch not the plate marker. I believe my tool # is 1 for the plasma torch head.

4. LECS-Chad

LECS-Chad Guest

Then that is PIERCE DELAY and dwell for the OK TO MOVE.

Now I will need to know the software you are running to answer accurately.

5. JEL DESIGNER

We got the plate marker to work. We tried the program that was for the weld gage. It marked the material with the plate marker but then it moved to a different part of the material for the cutting. My shape was cut with no markings on it. What did I do wrong when creating the program?

6. LECS-Chad

LECS-Chad Guest

So sounds like you have not set up the proper OFFSET for the plate marker/plasma.

Provided is the walk through going through that process.

Attached Files:

7. JEL DESIGNER

We are running the Accumove 3 system. We are using VMD version 4,0,42.

8. LECS-Chad

LECS-Chad Guest

So the plasma side of it waits for the signal that the pierce is complete (OK TO MOVE) from the plasma cutter.

In the VMD go to LOG IN (admin password 1234)

MACHINE SETTINGS

BASIC tab on the top right verify that OK TO MOVE is ON

ADVANCED TAB

on the LEFT verify that OK TO MOVE has NO dwell time entered (0)

on the RIGHT give the CAP SENSE a dwell time of 5.

This is the optimal settings for the plasma and OK TO MOVE signal.