Program/torchmate updates

Discussion in 'CNC Cutting' started by Dan Edelen, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Dan Edelen

Dan Edelen Member

Our IT department just recently set up my network connection for our torchmate 4800. We installed our table in December of last year and this is the first time it has been connected to the internet. I was curious if there are any updates I need to make to either the accumove program or the cad/cam. Also I wasn't sure if there was a way to set up automatic updates. Any advice is appreciated.

2. LECS-Chad

LECS-Chad Guest

You might experience issues with the connection from the computer to the Accumove controller as it has set IP address that the computer/controller look for. Also most WINDOWS updates will automatically turn your FIREWALL ON which could cause connection issues too.

The updates to the VMD are all manual install as we do not suggest the computer that operates the machine to be online.

3. Dan Edelen

Dan Edelen Member

Thanks for the response. So should I not need to worry about any updates? Does torchmate notify owners if there would be an important update? Just wanted to make sure I was up to date. I was aware of the possibility of connection issues when I had contacted support awhile back. I did pass on this information when I talked to our IT department and they assured me that there wouldn't be an IP address issue. We'll see. So far I haven't had any issues. Thanks again

4. LECS-Chad

LECS-Chad Guest

Once we have a qualified update we usually send out an email blast/website blast to update...

Plus we will plaster this forum with it also.;);):eek::eek::oops::oops::rolleyes::rolleyes:o_Oo_O

5. Kchoghead

Kchoghead Well-Known Member

I have my computer in the shop connected to the machine online with zero problems. The best update yet is the VMD update with sample mode

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  6. LECS-Chad

LECS-Chad Guest

True... Once WINDOWS knows the proper paths you "SHOULDN'T" have issues, but once those pesky WINDOWS UPDATES hit then WAY different story.

7. Dan Edelen

Dan Edelen Member

What does the sample mode do for you?

8. Kchoghead

Kchoghead Well-Known Member

Maybe Chad can chime in here but as I understand it monitors the set voltage for a small length the changes the set voltage to that. essentially making it automatic set voltage, so in other words just turn it on and cut,,, no worry about voltage

9. Dan Edelen

Dan Edelen Member

Oh OK, I know what your talking about. My machine already had that updated when we received it. Thanks for the response.