Plate marking expectations

Discussion in 'DIY Projects' started by Galen Nelson, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Galen Nelson

Galen Nelson Member

We are getting things up and running and are very happy with the equipment. I did a little sign for a buddy that runs a hot dog cart in the summer. He was going to weld this to the side of his cart. I'm curious if the line work is acceptable and what i should expect out of the plate marker. We noticed it was a little loose and tightened the nut to the actuator and it took out almost all of the play. When it runs there is a little chatter on some of the letters and you can see it in the picture on the H and the O in the first word. We brought this in as a JPEG so it might be part of the issue. Let me know what you guys are seeing, i'm curious what you think. Thanks IMG_0484.JPG

2. LECS-Chad

LECS-Chad Guest

Try to either run the plate marker at about 45-60 ipm. Also change the intensity setting as too much "digging" into the plate will wiggle the tip causing this issue. This setting is changed on the dial of the stylus. With Mild you will set it to 3 to 4.

3. Galen Nelson

Galen Nelson Member

ill give that a shot, we were running at 30ipm at ~3 with mild. thanks for the feedback